If you are looking for the best Celtic jewellery shops in Ireland, you have come to the right place!
Ireland is a land steeped in history. It’s the perfect place for high-quality Celtic Jewelry which is deeply woven into the Irish story. The land is dotted with legends and Celtic symbols, the most notable of which is the Claddagh ring. The Claddagh ring symbolizes love, loyalty, and friendship and can be found everywhere across Ireland.
There are so many amazing shops in Ireland that it’s hard to pick out just a few of the ones. From pendants to earrings, rings to bracelets, and even crosses, the shops below are the best examples of the country’s beautiful Celtic designs and Irish craftsmanship.
Choosing Celtic Jewelry: A Quick Guide Before Buying
- Understand the meanings of different Celtic symbols and jewelry designs: Each Celtic symbol has its own special meaning, such as love, luck, protection, and fertility. Popular Celtic designs include the triquetra, interlaced knots, shamrocks, and spirals. Researching the history and symbolism associated with each design will help you choose a piece that fits your needs.
- Consider the style and purpose of the jewelry you’re looking for: Are you seeking a necklace to wear every day or are you looking for something more ornamental? Do you want to highlight a particular symbol or motif in your look? Knowing what kind of jewellery you’re looking for will help narrow down your search.
- Consider materials and craftsmanship when selecting your Celtic jewelry: Quality materials like silver or gold are best for longer-lasting pieces and will often hold up better over time. Check for hallmarks that indicate quality craftsmanship—some hallmark stamps may also give clues about where or who made the piece you’re considering.
- Look for an individualized piece that expresses your heritage or beliefs: If possible, find a custom-made piece with personalized engravings or images that speak to your personal identity or beliefs. Many jewelry makers specialize in creating unique one-of-a-kind items which can make great conversation starters!
- Consider holistic healing qualities when selecting Celtic jewelry: Wearing certain stones associated with Celtic culture can be beneficial to your physical, spiritual, and emotional health, according to some philosophies of holistic healing. Popular gemstones believed to have healing properties include peridot, amethyst, quartz crystal, turquoise, labradorite, moonstone, and other semi-precious stones.
- Look into different techniques used in crafting Celtic jewelry: Different techniques like cloisonné (enamelled wires attached to a metal surface), filigree (intricate pattern using thin threads of metal), Knotwork (interweaving strands of wire) , granulation (adding small beads made from precious metals ), casting (making wax molds from ancient stone carvings), stamping (imprinting images onto the metal ) all make up traditional Celtic artistry methods used in crafting intricate pieces of jewellery.
- Consider customs when shopping for an item overseas: When purchasing an item outside of your country it is important to research applicable duties & taxes so that there are no surprises after checkout – sometimes, these fees can be quite high! Additionally, many countries have specific rules regarding what types of material may be imported so this should be taken into account before making a purchase abroad.
- Ask questions: Many vendors selling authentic & unique pieces will be open & willing to answer any questions you may have about their product. This is especially true if it’s handmade – asking about production methods & materials used can help ensure the product is exactly what it says it is.
- Compare prices: Alongside researching different styles & materials, compare prices between vendors both online & offline Prices for similar pieces can vary drastically depending on who is selling them, so doing comparison shopping beforehand can save time & money.
- Don’t forget accessories: Buying matching accessories like earrings, neck charms, rings etc alongside traditional pendants is a great way to create a complete look with added detail.
Here Are 10 Best Celtic Jewelry Shops in Ireland
There are many different kinds available in Ireland but Celtic jewelry is extremely popular. These pieces are unique and very beautiful and they represent a piece of history that many people in Ireland cherish. Following are the best Celtic jewellery shops in Ireland.
|Head Branch Address:||Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, Dublin 2, Ireland|
If you are a fan of traditional Irish Claddagh rings, you’ll love the second shop on our list of best Celtic jewelry shops in Ireland.
Claddagh Rings got their start in 1996 from a small room under the shadow of the Guinness Brewery in Dublin’s Liberties. Back then, there were only a handful of sites selling Claddagh rings—and no one was online. Later, they became the Internet’s best place to find the perfect traditional Irish Claddagh ring. Their Celtic jewelry collection includes:
- Claddagh Bracelets and Claddagh Bangles
- Claddagh Pendants and Necklaces
- Celtic DNA Collection
- Celtic Necklaces, Earrings
- Ogham Jewelry
- Claddagh Rings
- Men’s Claddagh Rings
- Celtic Engagement & Wedding Rings
- Birthstone Claddagh Rings
- Gem Set Claddagh Rings
All Claddagh Rings’ in gold and silver feature a hallmark stamp guaranteeing its authenticity, as issued by the Irish Assay Office. This makes them the safest place to get high-quality Celtic jewelry. All their pieces are handmade in Dublin.
The Celtic DNA Jewelry
|Head Branch Address:||Pembroke Hall, 38 Fitzwilliam Square West, Dublin 2, D02 NX53, Ireland|
The Celtic DNA Jewelry unites the essence of Celtic heritage with the passion of a new era. They’ve fused new ideas with old ones and a unique style with history.
The Celtic DNA strand collection has pieces in traditional and contemporary styles, while the Claddagh Rings collection contains the most well-known symbol of Irish heritage. Their other famous collections and products include:
- Celtic Cross Collection
- Trinity Knot Collection
- Giant’s Causeway Collection
- Celtic Earrings
- Tree of Life Necklaces
- Tree of Life Earrings
Wear the ultimate expression of your Celtic ancestry with the Celtic DNA Jewelry original Tree of Life amulets. A shopping trip to the Claddagh Jewelers is sure to be a memorable one.
Aidi Mac Dáibhi
|Head Branch Address:||95 Church Street|
Aidi Mac Dáibhi is an Irish master goldsmith and jewelry designer whose Celtic-inspired designs have charmed audiences around the world. His work has led to collaborations with some of the biggest names in the jewelry industry, including Harrods of London, Tiffany & Co., Disney, and more.
He uses Irish gold, silver, diamonds, and precious gems to create customized pieces that have been featured on the red carpet, in fashion magazines, and on his own website. His workshop is located in Listowel, CO. Kerry and he makes a point of being involved in every piece that carries his name. He received his formal training in jewellery design at the famous Kilkenny Design Workshops.
The store has a wide range of Celtic jewellery collections including:
- Claddagh Jewelry
- Engagement Rings
- Wedding Bands
- Celtic Crosses
- Custom Designs
Aidi ships worldwide, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and many other countries. Celtic rings generally take 8 days to craft after you place your order.
The Irish Jewelry Company
|Head Branch Address:||265 Sunrise Hwy Ste 1-542|
Rockville Centre NY 11570
The Irish Jewelry Company, started by a husband-and-wife team whose Celtic designs have become a hit for their beauty and affordability, makes it easy to find the perfect gift for anyone on your list.
The couple offers a wide selection of Claddagh Rings, Celtic Crosses, and Celtic Jewelry at price points less than €200 (though some pieces run into the thousands). We love the brand’s new collection—Celtic Family Jewelry—featuring designs to symbolize the importance of families with the Celtic Irish knot icon.
The company has a wide range of Celtic jewelry collections including:
- Traditional Irish Jewelry
- Scottish Jewelry & Welsh
- Celtic Knot Jewelry
- Celtic Stars & Moon
- Celtic Animals
- Celtic Legends
- Men’s Celtic Jewelry
- Celtic Bridal Jewelry
We love the brand’s new collection—Celtic Family Jewelry—featuring designs to symbolize the importance of families with the Celtic Irish knot icon.
|Head Branch Address:||25 Mainguard Street, Galway, Co. Galway|
If you’re simply interested in the widest selection of Celtic Jewelry, Claddagh Jewelers has you covered.
Claddagh Jewelers is a Celtic Jewelry shop located in Galway. The store offers many different styles and types of Celtic rings, including Gold Celtic Jewelry, and Silver Celtic Jewelry to cater to all of its customers’ aesthetic needs at very competitive prices. Their Celtic jewelry selection includes:
- Diamond Collection
- Irish Wedding Rings
- Trinity Knot Rings, Necklace, Bracelets, and Earrings
- Celtic Knot Rings, Necklace, Bracelets, and Earrings
- Claddagh Necklace, Bracelets, and Earrings
We love their wide selection of Celtic jewelry with a special focus on Claddagh Rings and Celtic Rings that are sure to please even the choosiest customers.
Blarney Woollen Mills
|Head Branch Address:||Blarney, Cork, Ireland|
If you are looking for good value in luxury Celtic jewelry, Blarney Woollen Mills may be your ideal choice.
As a leading player in the Celtic jewelry market, Blarney offers an extensive collection of 18-karat and 14-karat gold and sterling silver pieces that carry with them ancient symbols such as:
- Marcasite Jewelry
- Wedding Jewelry
- Personalized Jewelry
- Birthstone Jewelry
- Men’s Jewelry
- Triskele Jewelry
- Claddagh Jewelry
- Trinity Knot Jewelry
- St. Brigid’s Cross Jewelry
- Celtic Cross Jewelry
- Tree of Life Jewelry
- Shamrock Jewelry
We love their two-sided Celtic Cross, which has been said to illustrate both the transience of life and the eternal nature of existence.
The Irish Store
|Head Branch Address:||Suite 6,|
7 Upper O’Connell Street,
Dublin 1, Ireland
For those who can’t wait to get their hand on quality Celtic jewelry, The Irish Store is a must-shop.
With a promise of fast delivery across Ireland and Europe, The Irish Store has an extensive collection of Celtic jewelry available for purchase. Based in Dublin, the owner, Lulu O Sullivan, offers sterling silver and gold rings—including Connemara Marble Claddagh Rings—that capture the essence of Celtic heritage and beauty. Their selection includes:
- Jewelry Boxes
- Jewelry Sets
- Pendants & Necklaces
All Celtic Jewellery
|Head Branch Address:||ACJ, 4-5 Burton Hall Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18A094, Ireland|
All Celtic Jewelry is a family-run shop selling authentic Celtic jewellery for over 50 years. Located in the heart of Dublin, All Celtic Jewelry is a treasure trove of Celtic pendants, rings, and earrings. Their wide range includes:
- Celtic Bangles and Bracelets
- Celtic Birthstone Jewelry
- Celtic Tara Brooch
- Celtic Crosses, Cufflinks, Pendants, Bangles, & Earrings
- Celtic DNA Jewelry
- Celtic Engagement & Wedding Rings
- Celtic Eternity and Anniversary Rings
- Celtic Jewelry for Men
- Celtic Knot & Warrior Jewelry
- Claddagh Jewelry
- Connemara Marble Jewelry
- History of Ireland Jewelry
- Sterling Silver Ogham Pendant with Customized Personal Name
- Ogham & Shamrock Jewelry
- Tree of Life Jewelry
The Celtic Design collection has pieces in traditional and contemporary styles, while the Claddagh Rings collection contains the most well-known symbol of Irish heritage. A shopping trip to the All Celtic Jewelry will surely be memorable.
|Head Branch Address:||Contact site|
If you love Celtic jewelry and you’re looking for something that’s both unique and beautiful, Glencara is a great place to start.
Glencara is an Irish jewelry company offering high-quality Celtic Jewelry at affordable prices. They sell some of the finest Celtic Jewelry in the world, and they offer a wide range of items that are sure to delight every customer. Their range includes Celtic rings, pendants, and necklaces, as well as gold and silver earrings and bracelets for both men and women.
You’ll love the quality of Glencara Irish jewelry, and you’ll love their prices even more.
Irish Celtic Jewelry
|Head Branch Address:||Irish Celtic Jewellery,|
For handcrafted Celtic jewelry that is both unique and beautiful, look no further than Irish Celtic Jewelry.
Irish Celtic Jewelry is Ireland’s premier retailer of high-quality, authentic, handmade Celtic jewelry. Their pieces come from the most skilled and talented craftspeople in Ireland today who have preserved the tradition of their ancestors. Their extensive collection of Celtic jewelry includes:
- House Of Lor collection
- Celtic Engagement Rings
- Celtic Wedding Rings
- Celtic and Claddagh Rings
- Diamond Wedding Bands
- Celtic Bangles and Bracelets
- Celtic Brooches and Cufflinks
- Celtic Pendants and Earrings
If you are looking for a way to tell that special someone that they are on your mind or wish them well on their journey through life, Irish Celtic Jewelry has something to suit every taste.
Celtic Jewelry FAQ
Celtic jewelry can refer to the type of jewelry with Celtic symbols or associated patterns. Celtic symbols have a variety of meanings that stem from the Celtic tradition, including family pride, strength, love, and protection.
Celtic jewelry has a rich history, dating back over 2,000 years. The Celts were an ancient, tribal people who lived in the early part of the first millennium BC. They inhabited a large area of Europe, including Ireland and Great Britain.
The Celtic people were known for their fine craftsmanship and exquisite jewelry-making skills. Their artisans created intricate designs that are still imitated today by jewelers all over the world
A Celtic ring symbolizes the circle of life and the continuous bond shared by two people. It is a sign of friendship, love, and loyalty throughout the world.
Celtic knot rings feature never-ending intricate knots with no beginning or end. The Celtic knot represents eternity and everlasting love for each other. It is a beautiful way to express your feelings to your loved one in a very unique manner.
Today, Celtic wedding rings are very popular in many countries including Ireland, Scotland, and Wales where they represent the ancient culture of the Celts.
One of the most eye-catching Celtic jewellery worn by Celtic was the torc, a twisted metal necklace known for its simplicity or ornateness.
The Celts loved jewelry too much. The torc was the most common Celtic necklace ornament. The necklaces were made from twisted gold or plain iron, and they can be found in a range of forms, from simple to highly decorated.
In the beginning, Celtic jewellery was most commonly made from bronze but was also found in iron, silver, and gold and was made with the lost wax technique.
However, today, a Celtic Jewel is made from a wide range of high-quality materials. Depending on what the customer wants, the jewelry may be made of silver, gold, diamonds, platinum, or gemstones.
When it comes to Celtic jewelry, Ireland stands above all other nations as a premier destination for lovers and admirers of Celtic culture. They understand the meaning and importance of Celtic jewellery and make sure that the visitors are satisfied with their shopping.
From the classic Claddagh rings and Trinity Knot jewellery to tiny Celtic cross necklaces and wedding rings, there are many shops online and offline in Ireland where you can purchase these charming mementos of your Irish holiday.
You might also be interested in: Jewellers in Dublin